Georgia Chapter Membership
Join the Chapter!!!
If you are not a current member of the Chapter, we would like to take this opportunity to invite you to become a member of the Georgia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Here are 9 reasons you should join the chapter today!
1. Chapter annual dues are only $180 per year. (or less, depending on your member type!)
2. In 2009, the Georgia Chapter received the American Academy of Pediatrics’ “Outstanding Chapter” award, in the Very Large Category. The Chapter also received this award in 2004, 2000, 1996, and 1965.
3. The Chapter continues to work with public health to improve and maintain high immunization rates.
4. The Chapter is your voice in advocating for children’s health and safety issues at the state legislature.
5. The Chapter continues to support a pediatric practice managers association (GPPMA) and nurses association (GPNA) for the ongoing education of these important colleagues.
6. The Chapter has two annual CME meetings held in Atlanta and Amelia Island, Florida. The Chapter also has EPIC peer to peer educational programs for breastfeeding & immunization.
7. The Pediatric Foundation of Georgia continues to work to improve the lives of Georgia’s children and pediatric community.
8. The Chapter publishes 3 issues of The Georgia Pediatrician each year, to keep its members informed on current and local news in pediatrics.
9. The Chapter sends blastfaxes and blast emails to members keeping them up to date on important updates in pediatric practice.
Membership Applications & Renewal form
GA Chapter Membership Application - If you are not a past member of the Chapter please complete this form and mail or fax it to the Chapter office.
Renewal Form - If you are a past member and would like to renew, please complete this form.
Renew Your Membership Online
Membership can be renewed online via the following links.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is membership in the Georgia Chapter automatic for national AAP members?
A: No. In the AAP, you can be a member of the national and not the state Chapter, and vice versa. The majority of our members are members of both: but we do have some members who belong to the Chapter but not to national.
Q: Do I need to be board certified in pediatrics to join the Georgia Chapter?
A: No. Board Certification is not required to join the Chapter. However, you do need board certification in pediatrics to join the national AAP.
Q: What are the categories of membership at the Georgia Chapter?
A: The Chapter has the following member categories: Fellow ( a member of the national AAP also) , Affiliate ( a member of the Georgia Chapter only), Resident Fellow, Candidate Fellow ( years 1-7 following residency completion), Post Residency Training Fellow and Associate Member/Section Affiliate (pediatric dentists, nurses, PA’s).
Q: What is the difference between a Fellow and a Candidate Fellow?
A: A Fellow is board certified in pediatrics and receives all of the Academy’s benefits. These benefits are as follows:
• holding a national office position
• using the ‘FAAP’ designation
• receiving a membership certificate
• complimentary AAP manuals
A Candidate Fellow is not yet board-certified, but has completed a pediatric residency. Candidate Fellows have 7 years before they are required to become board-certified. They receive limited benefits, including a listing in the AAP Fellowship Directory and subscriptions to Pediatrics, AAP News and Health Kids.
Q: How do I become a Fellow of the national AAP?
Q: Can I pay my dues by credit card?
A: Yes. If you wish to pay your Chapter dues only, please visit http://membership.aap.org/Application/ChapterAffiliate. If you would like to pay both National and Chapter dues, visit Please visit http://shop.aap.org/aap-membership/
Q: When are the AAP and the Chapter membership dues due?
A: The date is based on your individual anniversary date.
Q: Can Pediatric Dentists, Nurses, and Physician Assistants join the Chapter?
A: Yes, they can join the Chapter as Section Affiliates. Also, Pediatric Dentists may join the national AAP as Associate Members.
2016-2017 Chapter Dues (Chapter FY July - June)
|Specialty Fellow (Specialty other than Pediatrics)
|Chapter Affiliate (Chapter Member but non member of AAP)
|Candidate Fellow (Maximum 7 years - post residency)
|Resident Member (Resident program in Georgia)
|Post-Residency Training Fellow
|Affiliate Associate (Nurses, PAs, Dentists (Chapter only), etc.)
|Associate Member (Pediatric Dentists, member of chapter and AAP)
- Both National and Chapter Affliate membership dues are billed on anniversary dates. For example if dues are paid on September 1 the membership will expire on August 31st.
- Dues remitted to the Georgia Chapter are not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as an ordinary and necessary business expense. However, 25% of the Chapter dues is not deductible as a business expense because of the chapter's lobbying activity. Please consult your tax advisor for specific information.