Join the Chapter!!!
If you are not a current member of the Chapter, we would like to take this opportunity to invite you to become a member of the Georgia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Here are 10 reasons you should join the chapter today!
1. Chapter annual dues are only $160 per year. (or less, depending on your member type!)
2. The Georgia Chapter is regularly recognized as one of the best in the country and was recently received the “Outstanding Chapter” award from the AAP. In 2009, the Georgia Chapter received the American Academy of Pediatrics’ “Outstanding Chapter” award, in the Very Large Category. The Chapter also received this award in 2004, 2000, 1996, and 1965.
3. The Chapter continues to work with public health to improve and maintain high immunization rates.
4. The Chapter is your voice in advocating for children’s health and safety issues at the state legislature.
5. The Chapter continues to support a pediatric practice managers association (GPPMA) and nurses association (GPNA) for the ongoing education of these important colleagues.
6. The Chapter has two annual CME meetings held in Atlanta and Amelia Island, Florida. The Chapter also has EPIC peer to peer educational programs for breastfeeding & immunization.
7. The Pediatric Foundation of Georgia continues to work to improve the lives of Georgia’s children and pediatric community.
8. The Chapter publishes 3 issues of The Georgia Pediatrician each year, to keep its members informed on current and local news in pediatrics.
9. The Chapter sends blastfaxes and blast emails to members keeping them up to date on important updates in pediatric practice.
10. __________ (Insert your need here) Contact us today and we will be glad to assist you!
Some areas of Chapter focus right now include:
- Working to ensure Medicaid & PeachCare eligible children are properly enrolled in this important program.
- Advocating for children’s health and safety issues at the state legislature.
- Providing In-office physician education on breastfeeding, immunizations, developmental screening & other programs.
- Advocating for improved reimbursement in Medicaid and fair private sector vaccine payment.
- Supporting new AAP initiatives in oral health, mental health and quality improvement.
We hope that you will maintain your membership in the Georgia Chapter and help us advocate for children and pediatricians right here in our state.
Membership Applications & Renewal form
GA Chapter Membership Application - If you are not a past member of the Chapter please complete this form and mail or fax it to the Chapter office.
Renewal Form - If you are a past member and would like to renew, please complete this form.
Click here to pay your GA Chapter dues online!
Please contact Kasha Askew at 404-881-5067 or
for more information.