About the Foundation
Established in 1998 as the philanthropic arm of the Georgia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the foundation goals are to promote the health, safety and well-being of Georgia children via philanthropic support of worthy projects and to support & sustain the practice of pediatrics as a medical specialty. The foundation has made recent gifts to organizations such as: Fragile Kids Foundation, Camp Kudzu, Kate’s Club, The Lionheart School, and Jay’s Hope Foundation.
Mission & History
The Pediatric Foundation of Georgia, exists to: Promote the health, safety and well-being of children in Georgia. Promote the practice of pediatrics as a medical specialty. Acknowledge outstanding contributions of individuals on behalf of children. Encourage students and residents in the study and training for pediatrics via scholarship support and recognition. Promote excellence in pediatric care through medical education programs, research, and other activities.
The Pediatric Foundation of Georgia
The Pediatric Foundation of Georgia, exists to
- Promote the health, safety and well-being of children in Georgia.
- Promote the practice of pediatrics as a medical specialty.
- Acknowledge outstanding contributions of individuals on behalf of children.
- Encourage students and residents in the study and training for pediatrics via scholarship support and recognition.
- Promote excellence in pediatric care through medical education programs, research, and other activities.
Recent Foundation grants include the following
- Camp Kudzu, Atlanta, a summer camp for children with diabetes, $1500.
- Southwest Georgia Area Health Education Center, Inc., Albany, to improve access to healthcare by improving the number and distribution of healthcare providers in 38 counties in southwest Georgia, $1000.
- Georgia Budget and Policy Institute, Atlanta, provides research, analysis and education to advance policies and practices that improve the quality of life for all Georgians, $500.
- Safe Kids Clayton County, Jonesboro, $500
- Camp Rainbow, Augusta, $1500.
To Make your Donation to the Foundation
|FOUNDATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS|
|Ben Spitalnick, MD, President, Savannah||Kathryn Cheek, MD, Columbus|
|Evelyn Johnson, Brunswick||Avril Beckford, MD, Atlanta|
|Robert Wiskind, MD, Atlanta||Davidson Freeman, MD, Augusta|
|Jan Fitzgerald-Soapes, MD, Lawrenceville||Joyce Neal, MD, Albany|
|Ken Dooley, MD, Stone Mountain||Charles Linder, MD, Augusta|
|Martin H. Greenberg, MD, Savannah|
|Sara H. Goza, MD, Fayetteville|
|Terri McFadden, Chapter President, Atlanta||Cedric Miller, MD, Chapter Treasurer, Atlanta|
|Staff Richard Ward, CAE Executive Director|
The Foundation makes grants to non-profit organizations and institutions in support of these goals. Click here for a copy of the application. Applications must be submitted prior to May 15th for the spring board meeting or August 15th of each year for consideration at the Foundation’s Board meeting in the fall.
Foundation Golf Classic
The Foundation’s primary fund raiser is held each fall at one of Georgia’s premier golf courses. The 2019 event will be held on Tuesday, April 24th at Harbor Club Lake Oconee, Greensboro, Georgia. For information about participation please call 404-881-5091 or to visit Harbor Club Lake Oconee website at http://www.harborclub.com/.
Contributions to the Pediatric Foundation of Georgia are tax deductible as allowed by law.
You will be taken to a secure payment system upon form submission.