Navigating Georgia WIC Webinar
Navigating Georgia WIC Resources & Services 2021
Enduring Education Activity
This webinar is designed to provide you with an update of Georgia WIC Resources & Services for 2021presented by Tatyana Hofmekler, MD, MSc, Chair of the Committee on Nutrition.
Release Date: September 30, 2021 • Expiration Date: September 30, 2022
Time to Complete: .5 hour
This program focuses on navigating the Georgia Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program’s services and resources so that pediatricians and pediatric staff can optimize their understanding of the program. The Georgia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics has had a history of collaborating with Georgia WIC to develop and share resources. This program reviews program eligibility, services, and resources such as the Georgia WIC clinic directory, WIC Formula Guide, Request for Medical Formulas and Supplemental Foods Form, WIC Formulary, Pediatric Practice Poster, and the Infant & Child Formula Algorithms.
This educational initiative is designed for pediatricians, nurses, medical assistants, and other healthcare professionals who are interested in improving their knowledge of Georgia WIC.
After this educational activity, you should be able to:
- Describe the Georgia Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program eligibility requirements
- Discuss Georgia WIC Program benefits and services
- Review program services and resources that can be utilized by patients
- Describe how referrals to the Georgia WIC Program may enhance continuity of care and help patients meet health goals
The presenter has no relevant financial information to disclose.
Tatyana Hofmekler, MD, MSc – Pediatric Gastroenterologist
Chair Georgia AAP Committee on Nutrition
Instructions for Obtaining Credit
Once you have completed the activity, please CLICK HERE to complete the evaluation questions and you will receive your certificate by email.
The American Academy of Pediatrics – Georgia Chapter is accredited by the Medical Association of Georgia to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The American Academy of Pediatrics – Georgia Chapter designates this live activity for a maximum of .5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Join a Recorded webinar (System Requirements)
Check your system compatibility automatically
- Google Chrome (most recent 2 versions)
- Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
- Internet Explorer v11
- Apple Safari (most recent 2 versions)
- Microsoft Edge (most recent 2 versions)
Computer: 1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended) (see How much bandwidth is used during a session? )
- 3G or better (WiFi recommended for VoIP audio)
- Mobile device iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 2 or later
2GB of RAM (minimum), 4GB or more of RAM (recommended)
If you have any questions, please contact Kylia Crane, RDN, LD at email@example.com