Your Chapter membership makes us a stronger voice here in Georgia for our patients and for pediatrics. Please make retaining your Chapter membership a priority. Also note, National AAP membership is not required for Chapter membership.
Information • Questions?
Or Call the Chapter office
Some areas of Chapter focus right now include:
- Working to ensure access to care for children in Medicaid & PeachCare
- Advocating for children’s health and safety issues at the state legislature.
- Providing in-office physician education on breastfeeding, immunizations, developmental screening & other important topics.
- Advocating for improved reimbursement by Medicaid & other payors.
- Improving care in oral health, mental health and emphasizing quality improvement.
- Assisting member practices with PCMH certification
Providing MOC opportunities for members
- And____________ Fill in your key issue here and we’ll go to work for you!
Join the Chapter!
If you are not a current member of the Chapter, we would like to take this opportunity to invite you to become a member of the Georgia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Here are 9 reasons you should join the chapter today!
1. Chapter annual dues are only $195 per year. (or less, depending on your member type!)
2. In 2020, the Georgia Chapter received the American Academy of Pediatrics’ “Outstanding Chapter” award, in the Very Large Category. The Chapter also received this award in 2017, 2009, 2004, 2000, 1996, and 1965.
3. The Chapter continues to work with public health to improve and maintain high immunization rates.
4. The Chapter is your voice in advocating for children’s health and safety issues at the state legislature.
5. The Chapter continues to support a pediatric practice managers association (GPPMA) and nurses association (GPNA) for the ongoing education of these important colleagues.
6. The Chapter has two annual CME meetings held in Atlanta and Amelia Island, Florida. The Chapter also has EPIC peer to peer educational programs for breastfeeding & immunization.
7. The Pediatric Foundation of Georgia continues to work to improve the lives of Georgia’s children and pediatric community.
8. The Chapter publishes 3 issues of The Georgia Pediatrician each year, to keep its members informed on current and local news in pediatrics.
9. The Chapter sends blastfaxes and blast emails to members keeping them up to date on important updates in pediatric practice.
Join the Georgia Chapter AAP Only
Already a Georgia Chapter Member, Join AAP
Join Both the Georgia Chapter Member & National AAP
Join the Georgia Chapter AAP
Georgia Chapter AAP Member Renewal
Frequently Asked Questions
Is membership in the Georgia Chapter automatic for national AAP members?
Do I need to be board certified in pediatrics to join the Georgia Chapter?
No. Board Certification is not required to join the Chapter. However, you do need board certification in pediatrics to join the national AAP.
What are the categories of membership at the Georgia Chapter?
What is the difference between a Fellow and a Candidate Fellow?
• holding a national office position
• using the ‘FAAP’ designation
• receiving a membership certificate
• complimentary AAP manuals
A Candidate Fellow is not yet board-certified, but has completed a pediatric residency. Candidate Fellows have 7 years before they are required to become board-certified. They receive limited benefits, including a listing in the AAP Fellowship Directory and subscriptions to Pediatrics, AAP News and Health Kids.
How do I become a Fellow of the national AAP?
Can I pay my dues by credit card?
When are the AAP and the Chapter membership dues due?
The date is based on your individual anniversary date. Both National and Chapter Affiliate membership dues are billed on anniversary dates. For example if dues are paid on September 1 the membership will expire on August 31st.
Can Pediatric Dentists, Nurses, and Physician Assistants join the Chapter?
Fellow (Fellow of the AAP) – $195
Specialty Fellow (Specialty other than Pediatrics) – $195
Chapter Affiliate (Chapter Member but non member of AAP) – $195
Candidate Fellow (Maximum 7 years – post residency) – $140
Resident Member (Resident program in Georgia) – $0
Post-Residency Training Fellow – $65
Senior Member (70 years old, or 65 years old and no longer deriving income from professional employment) – $0
Medical Students – $0
Affiliate Associate (Nurses, PAs, Dentists (Chapter only), etc.) – $95
Associate Member (Pediatric Dentists, member of chapter and AAP) – $95
Both National and Chapter Affliate membership dues are billed on anniversary dates. For example if dues are paid on September 1 the membership will expire on August 31st.
Dues remitted to the Georgia Chapter are not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as an ordinary and necessary business expense. However, 25% of the Chapter dues is not deductible as a business expense because of the chapter’s lobbying activity. Please consult your tax advisor for specific information.